Library History Timeline
The founding date of The Cherrydale Community Library (as it was first known) is believed to be sometime during 1922-23. This original library was sponsored by the Cherrydale League of Women Voters, and was located in a one story building on Lee Highway.
The current Cherrydale Branch Library was built in 1961, and houses over 30,000 materials. These include a large children's collection, and an adult collection geared to new books, popular fiction, and items on decorating, cooking, crafts, home repair, sports, and travel. A Book Group meets once a month, and languages spoken by staff include Spanish.